From April 1st 2010, East of England IDB Ltd will deliver International Trade services to businesses in the East of England on behalf of UK Trade and Investment (UKTI). The services will be delivered through delivery channels that include a business intelligence service gateway, events, digitally and via a team of highly experienced Trade Advisers, as well as face to face.
The services offered by these Advisers will include:
Passport to Export
Passport to Export (P2E) is an assessment and skills-development programme which provides new and inexperienced exporters with the training, planning and ongoing support they need to compete more successfully in overseas markets.
The programme offers up to £1,500 worth of match-funded support to carry out an agreed action plan, and includes up to six days of advice and support from an expert in the international trade team (or an external adviser), who will help the client to:
- Develop an export strategy and tailored action plan
- Possible use of the market selection process with overseas posts
- Secure support before visits to overseas markets
- Evaluate visits and review strategy
- Determine and fulfil any training needs, for example, export marketing, administration, documentation, language and cultural awareness
Gateway to Global Growth (G3)
The Gateway to Global Growth programme is a new programme from UKTI to support SME companies that have between two and ten years export experience.
This programme brings together the existing UKTI services with some additional public and private sector support. There is no specific financial support for companies under this scheme.
The offer can vary in detail from region to region, but is based around the following: ·
- A package of support over a 12 month period which includes, around three days of support from an International Trade Adviser, training, and access to private and public sector experts
- Support may include intellectual property advice, tax planning, foreign exchange management, licensing, joint ventures, internationalising websites, international marketing consultancy, skills development and other government support (for example MAS, Train to Gain, Creative Accelerator Programme)
Export Communications Review (ECR)
The ECR helps exporters to evaluate the way they present themselves and their products or services to overseas customers.
The review provides companies with impartial and objective advice about addressing language and cultural barriers when trading with overseas markets, and helps to increase competitiveness and marketability overseas by recommending practical and achievable improvements.
The service is delivered for UK Trade & Investment by British Chambers of Commerce-accredited export communications consultants, who work with Trade Advisers.
Export Marketing Research Scheme (EMRS)
EMRS aims to encourage British companies to use export marketing research in the development of a market entry strategy for their overseas markets. It also ensures that companies undertake or commission marketing research based on sound methods.
Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS)
OMIS puts customers directly in touch with staff in UK Trade & Investment’s overseas offices and provides individually agreed, focused business advice, information and visit support to suit client need, as well as help with events such as in–market product launches.
OMIS is available in all UKTI posts on-line. Clients may work with an Adviser to commission an OMIS report or they may commission work directly with the post.